Monday, February 18, 2013

Been a while


Hey there, it's been a while huh.  

I started this blog because I wanted to be able to document my travels and put photos up of my time in Thailand.  Sadly, that time is long over :( (ok, I might be acting just a bit melodramatic, it's only been about 2 months, but it feels like a lifetime already!) 

So naturally, I forgot about this here bloggy after I got home cause I got busy with heading off to school, and all of the wonderful, fun, time consuming activities that school brings :) *please have heard the extreme amount of sarcasm there*.  cough cough HOMEWORK! cough

However, I refuse to let Chemistry ruin my life! Though it may have caused the eating-of-the-entire-cake-and-reeses-bag incident, I am on the mend and determined to do better! And eat better, good gravy my stomach!

Speaking of eating better, I recently came back to the idea that I had a couple weeks after getting home to turn this blog into a food blog instead of just letting it die.  so here it is, the new and improved Charlotte's Food Blog! Thanks to my new roommates who are avid bloggers for getting me inspired again :)

Basically a lot of what I am going to be doing is trying Pinterest recipes to see if any of these recipes that thousands of people are pinning are actually any good or if they are just all for show.  I'll rate them on ease, taste, presentation, and try to get into the nitty gritty details about what kind of nutritional value (or lack of) each dish has, right down to the vitamins and nutrients that directly affect our bodies for the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I'll also try to add tips about safe food preparation, bacteria and virus prevention, and nutrition through the different cycles of human life.  

Oh did i not mention? I'm a nutrition major here at Utah State, so hopefully I will be able to provide some *Lets hope useful* insight about the nutritional value of the food that I put on here.  Don't worry though, just cause I'm a nutrition nut, does not mean that every dish I make is going to be healthy.  Far from it in fact.  I'm probably the biggest dessert person you will ever meet.  So there will be almost only food posts that consist of oozy gooey chocolates, dense decadent cheesecakes, and many a cheesy bread.  I still love that kind of stuff, and you should too! My only piece of advice to everyone is moderation in all things! Really, if you follow that piece of advice, you can eat pretty much anything and be healthy! Just no binging! and believe me, this is something that I struggle with every single day too. 

Well, if your actually reading and following this blog, I thank you and would love to hear comments if you have any   

Happy cooking! :)

p.s here are a couple things I whipped up from Pinterest over the Christmas Break I though I would just slap on here as a teaser.  Sorry for the bad picture taking, i'm going to get better at it I promise! soon I'll be a professional food photographer
This was a veggie christmas tree I made out of broccoli, cauliflower, red/yellow/orange peppers and cherry tomatoes.  I stuck them all on three apples in the middle with toothpicks and used a piece of pineapple on top as the star.  

Merry Veggie Christmas! 

For Christmas dinner I also mad some Bruschetta which is probably my favorite bread dish ever, and that's saying something! Probably cause the tomatoes make me feel a tad healthier than just downing straight carbs.  But anyways, it's diced tomatoes and onions topped with chopped cilantro, a dash of fresh crushed pepper and some parmesan cheese. All of that was placed on top of a baguette covered with a thin layer of olive oil and lightly toasted. Heavenly sounding no? And so easy!


After Christmas we had some leftover ham, so I made myself probably the healthiest ham sandwich in the world.  Between to layers of Scrumptious wheat bread I put avocado slices, diced tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, diced cilantro and a fat slice of Ham! Good use of the left over veggies that nobody in my house eats but me :)

Getting goofy after dinner missing Thailand and practicing my Thai dance moves

Yup, just me.  And that's my mommy in the background, she's the cutest.  Thanks for reading! Recipes and food tips to come :)

"SUPER SMILE"

2 comments:

  1. welcome back to blogging. you're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for all of your food tips and tricks! I love cooking. This is officially my new favorite food blog. Yummy & cute! Nice work, girl!

    ReplyDelete